Lynn River – Protecting your bits this National Nude Gardening Day
Our favourite day of the year is fast approaching and man don’t we need some light hearted humour now more than ever this year. Yes, you’ve got it – it’s National Nude Gardening Day!
Hope you’re as excited as we are to be at one with nature. Stemming from World Nude Day in May, NZ has moved the nude gardening event to October where the temperature is a little less nippy.
The weather is shaping up nicely with a great start to the summer (and full moon(s)) set to come to the party across most of the country, there has never been a better excuse to get your kit off!
It’s time to bare all in the comfort of your backyard, let it all hang out and truly be feel free! Just make sure to warn your neighbours or keep to a relatively secluded area.
We are so excited about National Nude Gardening Day this year, we’ve teamed up with the Rock to crown ‘The Rock’s National Nude Gardener of the Year!’
Here are some handy tips and retail products to ensure your day runs smoothly…
- Stay away from the prickly roses or hedges and be careful when squatting down. But if you must trim your bush, protect your hands and arms and still bring some style to the day with our ULTA Leather Pruner with a full elbow cuff, keeping it classy on National Nude Gardening Day.
- Make sure to wear plenty of sunscreen (everywhere) and reapply constantly. Spend the day working on your all over tan, but don’t forget some of your bits haven’t seen the light of day. Bulk buy Lynn River Sunshield SPF 50+ by the litre and you’ll be sorted for the summer, both UVA and UBA protection and water resistant, this will keep your white bits from getting burnt.
- Wear a hat, shoes, gloves and keep an eye out for insects and bees. Check out our huge range of gardening gloves where we have something for everyone but we do recommend a good SHOWA 370 available in four funky colours to brighten up your look and make your photos Instagram worthy.
- Maybe steer clear of using the lawnmower, weed eater or any power tool that can fling debris around. Avoid climbing ladders or up trees. Stick to planting and trimming.
- Stay hydrated! You may not notice how much of a sweat you’re working up in the nude so remember to keep yourself as watered as your plants. And once it’s all done, you certainly deserve a glass of crisp Sav or an ice cold beer as a reward.
- No photo – it didn’t happen. Take a snapshot of your experience and submit to our WEBSITE to be in with a chance of winning “The Rock’s National Nude Gardener of the Year” the prize package includes the awesome title, $1000 and a Lynn River gift package!
Make the most out of National Nude Gardening Day 2020!